Here's the crowd that cheered me through my first marathon (Teton Dam Marathon, Rexburg, Idaho, June 07)

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ironman, Here I Come!


26 miles at 10 degrees

I bought myself an early 40th birthday present (okay, a year early) and registered for the Florida Ironman Triathlon. I was getting a little stagnant during hunting season (I didn’t run at all in October, though I hiked all over tarnation) and I needed something to motivate me again. It worked. I’ve been swimming, biking, lifting weights, and running since I registered. I even enjoyed a 26 mile bike ride in 10 degree weather. Registering for the Ironman has made me excited again about working out. Hunting season, by the way, was a real adventure this year. We saw wolves, bears, big bulls (the day after my tag expired), but not a single buck. My boy got his first elk after a great hunt. Getting it out was a marathon in itself. 


No comments: