Here's the crowd that cheered me through my first marathon (Teton Dam Marathon, Rexburg, Idaho, June 07)

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'll never run a marathon again

This summer I ran my first marathon: the Teton Dam Marathon in Rexburg, Idaho, where I live. I went into it thinking, "If I can do it in under four hours, then I'll have reached my goal, and never run a marathon again."

I finished in 3:58. For the last two miles I kept asking myself, "Why am I doing this?" Yet, two months later, I ran another marathon: the Mesa Falls Marathon in Ashton, Idaho. I finished in 3:44.


And now I've registered for the Richmond, Virginia Sun Trust Marathon in November. I wonder if I can finish in 3:30. I don't know what's happened to me, but at age 34 I am suddenly hooked on something I never would have foreseen myself doing.

Now, my goal is to run a marathon in all fifty states by the time I'm 50 years old. This blog is a record of my journey toward this goal.

No comments: